Monday, November 24, 2008

Our Wonderful Husbands

Saturday night I had a baby shower here at our house for my good friend Heather. It was a "Girls Night" shower with a Mexican themed dinner and then we continued the celebration to the movie Twilight afterwards. With 31 ladies here to celebrate, we had a ton of fun! The dinner was so nice and several people brought dishes that made it especially yummy. Michele Richards made Heather a fantastic "castle" cake that said, "Menzie World welcomes baby Reddin to the Happiest Place on Earth." Heather got so many wonderful things for her growing family. It was very interesting having a movie be part of the shower as we had to all dart out to get to the theater. We had 20 of the 31 women go to see the movie! It was such a blast! I just wanted to thank everyone who helped put this together. And I especially wanted to thank all of our husbands for giving their wives the opportunity to join us and for the efforts they made for them. But most of all I wanted to thank my husband. He came home to a house of 30 women darting out the door and a huge mess! (sorry honey) I felt really bad going to the movie. I guess I just missed the clean-up detail of the whole night. Oops! :) So I expected to come home from the movie to this mess but instead walked inside to a house that was completely cleaned! He not only picked up EVERYTHING, he also did the dishes, and cleaned the floors! I was in complete awe, as my husband has actually never been known to do this in our almost 6 years of marriage, and couldn't believe my eyes! It was the greatest gift of the night for me! I was so exhausted and was feeling the affects of my sons cold coming on, so him having done this was such a huge relief. Then the next day he let me sleep in and watched Rylan most of the day while I laid around and even took a nap! I unfortunately have a bad sore throat and cough now. UGH! I am just glad it hit me after the shower and not before. Anyways, thank you to every ones "Honeys" and especially mine! :) xoxo

6 comments:

Heather said...

Wow! I had no idea that Ben did all of that! What a great husband. I felt bad too that we all rushed out and left a mess at your house. I can't thank you enough for the amazing shower you threw. It was the most fun I have had in a long time! It was everything I could have imagined and more!

The Less Extreme Couponer said...

Aw, Thanks! :) I am so glad you enjoyed it. Ya, I was totally impressed with Ben! The whole night was perfect and he topped it off just right.

The Adams Family said...

I am so glad you all had fun, sorry I couldn't make it. It is wonderful at the suprises hubbys do. Sounds like you have a good one too!

Marci said...

I love it when husbands surprise us like that! I often come home from work to find that Matt has cleaned up a mess I made the night before. What sweeties!

Janet said...

I had a great time! It turned out perfect Faith. So nice that Ben did all of that for you :)!! I am thankful Chad watched Violet that night :).

A and A said...

Sounds like you guys had fun a shower and a movie who could askfor more! An then to come home and have your house all cleaned to, thats great you do have a wonderful husband!