Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Blog...Blog...Blog...

There have been so many things over the last few months I have been wanting to post about and then I never got around to it. So...I am going to try and squeeze in a few of our most recent life events all in one post!

"It's OK sweetheart"
Rylan has been calling Ben by his first name since he was about 18 months old.It is very ironic because Ben doesn't refer to his parents by mom or dad either. He calls his dad "JB" (John Burgoon) and his mom "Nicki B" (Nicki Burnett). Though Rylan mostly says daddy, he likes to use his first name when calling him in the store or when he is serious about something. When asked what daddy's name is he will tell you "Ben". So one day we decided to ask him what mommy's name was. First he said "mommy" but then we asked him what mommy's first name was and he said, "Honey!" Well, I have just thought this was the cutest thing ever and so I had never bothered to tell him my first name. Though I was sure he probably did know. More recently I figured I'd better start teaching him what it was in case of an emergency and sure enough...he knew. So I thought for sure I would be getting the "Faith" call more often now but to my surprise he came up with a whole other name for me all on his own. I hurt myself on something and he ran over to me and said, "It's OK sweetheart." So now if he wants me to see something he will say, "Come here sweetheart!" I just love that boy!!!

On Another Note...
I have been wanting to post about the wonderful shower/girls night that we had! Unfortunately I didn't get a ton of great pictures and so if anyone has some I would love to put them on here, let me know. Heather Menzie planned the party for us at the Olive Garden. It turned out so wonderful and I was so touched by how many people came to celebrate the up and coming birth of our newest family member Hayven! Thank you SOOOOO much to everyone who helped too, especially my mom and Heathers sister Stephanie for their contributions. I was so grateful for all of the gifts and to everyone who brought along diapers & wipes as well! Those are certainly going to come in handy! My favorite part of the night was being surrounded by such an amazing group of women. Some I have known a very long time and some just a short amount of time, but as I looked around the room I felt such a sisterhood with each and every person there. I feel so blessed to be associated with such an amazing group of girls! Thank you to everyone & I love you all!










I also wanted to mention how excited Rylan was when I came home with all of those gifts and had some for him too! That was extremely nice to have thought of him as well! Thank you!










Going Green...

So Ben and I attended a gardening seminar a few weeks ago at the church. There were well over 50 people who attended. It was given by Paul Singleton & Evan Moore. It was such a great opportunity for us to learn about gardening and how to make a raised box garden. I have always loved working in the yard, but it has never been one of Ben's favorite things...AT ALL! So I have been super impressed with his enthusiasm to start a garden. Apparently his late grandfather Burgoon was an avid gardener so we are hoping maybe Ben inherited some of his green thumb. We planted
corn,cucumber,watermelon,cantaloupe,beans,onion,squash,broccoli,cilantro,chives,basil,rosemary,parsley, jalapenos, & tomatoes! We are very excited about this! Here is the garden in the works...













Contractions...Contractions...
At my 36 week appointment I was already 2cm, which I realize doesn't mean too much other than I tend to dilate and efface sooner in my pregnancies. I was actually 4cm when I went into the hospital to be induced with Rylan, without any contractions or pain, AFTER my due date came and went! So, other than making you think that you are progressing sooner, it doesn't mean too much to me. Well, I guess it does help when labor does actually comes though since from those whom I have known who also dilate & efface sooner we seem to all have faster deliveries. So anyways, at 37 weeks he didn't check me and I really didn't care too much either way. But last night I started having contractions at about 9:30pm and they started at 10min apart and then by 12:30pm were 5 min apart. The only thing was that they weren't very painful. Just annoying and crampy. So I called my mom and told her she may need to come down but I wasn't sure. Well, long story short...I pooped, the contractions lasted another hour at 5 min apart without getting worse, so I fell asleep, and woke up extremely sore this morning! It was SO weird! My mom came down today just to give me a little break and made fun of me all day saying, "The next time you wake me at 12:30pm because you have to poop I am going to kill you!" LOL Ha,Ha, Ha! No, seriously though, I know they were contractions, just not the kind that resulted in true labor. And actually the bowel movement made me think things were getting under way. I am thankful though that they didn't because I am just not totally prepared yet. I am anxious now though to be checked on Monday to see how much I have progressed in the last two weeks. I am so baffled by pregnancies and labor and how it varies so much between women! I don't know how one person can walk around with no pain at 4cm and another be at 1cm and have excrutiating pain. So weird! I guess I am just glad I am on the 4cm side of the fence. Well, I guess we will see how tonight goes. I got a lot done today so that if & when my labor does start I will feel prepared for it, if that's possible. :)






4 comments:

Happy said...

Fun updates to read about, thanks! Those are my favorite kinds of blog posts!

America said...

That's awesome Faith! Angela's pretty excited about their garden too. Good luck with labor and delivery! I hope everything goes well :)

Jones said...

ok, the poop story I have to say just made my day. that was funny! (your mom's comment mostly)

and how sweet is Rylan!! I LOVE how kids come up with their own way of saying things. Like Madeline has started saying, "yes Mother" when I ask her to do something. so respectful!

unless you've already had Hayven (did I spell that right??) then just keep waddling around....

Carley said...

I wish I could have been there. I miss everyone.