Thursday, August 21, 2008

Tropical Storm Fay Brings Flooding & Fun!


Well the rain finally took a break yesterday, right as Ben took the last sand bag out of the truck! Go figure! But we were very thankful, as were most of the neighbors! It seemed the whole neighborhood came out to enjoy our "river" here in Palm Bay. Rylan had so much fun walking through the water and riding the four wheeler down the streets. People were out paddling surf boards and canoes. We had several people get stuck in the street whose cars were flooded. It was a terrible shame. We were so glad to see some relief from the showers and luckily our street lost the water over night. We hope everyone were as fortunate as us and were able to make it fun.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Those pictures are great. I took some of Mattie playing, but we were very lucky and didn't have any flooding at our house. I'm glad that you guys are safe!

By the way, Mattie did have on blush and lip gloss in her pictures! I wanted her face to look rosy in her pictures.

The Less Extreme Couponer said...

It was SO cute!!! (Mattie's make-up) I thought after, I hope she didn't think I thought of it badly, I thought it was adorable...I should have said that but I wasn't positive if she was wearing any or not, but you guys all looked great! You'll have to post your pics of Mattie playing in the water. It was such a nice break for the kids after being holed up for several days!

Happy said...

Crazy!!! I need to take some pictures here too. You guys are so fun!

America said...

Fun pictures! I miss hurricanes and tropical storms and playing in the warm Florida rain...is that weird?

Carley said...

I', glad everyone is okay. Tell Ben the house across the street is still open! Miss you.

Jill and Kevin said...

No, the water never made it in the house, thank goodness. It was fun hearing what all the primary kids did in their streets during the flooding. One went wind boarding.