Monday, July 21, 2008

Family Vacation


Well I wasn't sure our little family vaca was going to happen after the week Rylan had but by Thursday morning he was almost back to normal. So we decided to leave that night for Tampa. Ben's Aunt Shannon and her husband Gene live in Tampa with their two sons, Joe, who is serving a mission in Poland right now, and John who is currently still in High School. They are always so much fun and we were really glad to be able to stay with them. On Friday we took Rylan to the Florida Aquarium which was a lot of fun. They had so many different species of fish and we all enjoyed it very much. That afternoon we took him to the park and it decided to pour down rain the minute we got there. As I mentioned in a previous post, if there is water...Rylan is in it! So sure enough he went to the first puddle he saw and laid right down in it. I was OK with that, it was the part when he started licking the water I had to call it quits! So he ran around, soaked of course, but had a ball! Then on Saturday we went to Busch Gardens and Ben's Aunt's family came with us. Despite the heat we had tons of fun. Ben was really glad to have someone to ride the roller coasters with and Rylan LOVED watching the people on them! We stood under Sheikra for awhile because Rylan was having so much fun saying, "Wwwwwhhhhhhooooooaaaaaa" every time the coaster went by. It was so cute! I avoided the coasters reluctantly just in case I was prego. (Which you will find out more about in my next post.) Rylan really enjoyed seeing all of the animals and Ben and I remembered how much we love Busch Gardens! By the evening we were all pretty tuckered out and enjoyed a quit night at the house. We had such a great time and are so thankful to have shared it with family. Sunday was my birthday and we just headed home, but I came home and received the best birthday present ever...... (to be continued)

No comments: